We haven’t even officially begun our fall Bloom Book Club, but it feels like we’re well underway. You, our wonderful reading community, have meaningfully engaged in comments on Bloom posts and taken off over at our Bloom Book Club Facebook Group!
Need an incentive to join us over there? Behind the scenes we’re trying to come up with a few special treats for those who join the Facebook Group for Let’s All Be Brave. Once the study kicks off on October 16th, we’ll change the group to Private, so if you haven’t yet joined, please do so!
Sponsored Books Still Needed
As expected, many readers who wouldn’t otherwise be able to participate in our Bloom Book Club requested Sponsored Books. We’re grateful to those of you who have purchased a book for an (in)friend in need, but we could still use some help. If you wonder whether or not this makes a difference to those who receive books, read in their own words just how grateful they are.
Please don’t let the process stop you. The way DaySpring’s ordering system is set-up, sometimes we hear it’s confusing. Rest assured, when you purchase a Sponsor Book, it will NOT be sent to your address and it WILL be placed in the hands of a very grateful reader. If you purchase one book, you will have to cover shipping (unless you’ve picked up some other things and your total is over $50); but for any two-book purchase, use the code BLOOMBOOK and shipping for US mailing addresses is waived (even if the second book is for yourself)!
Here’s a quick “how to” for placing your order:
- Click the Sponsored Book option and select the number of copies you’d like to purchase. This can be the only item you order or part of a larger order.
- It’s fine for you to order your personal copy at the same time, but you MUST click the image for Annie’s book that doesn’t include “Sponsor Someone In Need” on its image.
- If you’re purchasing two or more books, be sure to add the code BLOOMBOOK in the Coupon Code box below the subtotal at checkout and click “Apply.” If your order is over $50, you’ll receive free shipping without the code.
- Click “Check Out” to continue and here’s where people typically give up; they’re nervous because you have to include shipping information. NOT to worry–the brilliant workers at DaySpring know which books are for you and which books you’d like to donate because brilliant YOU clicked the correct product images to tell them!
- Continue with your billing and payment information. Done!
(If you have additional questions please be sure to check out our FAQs page because we bet it’s answered there!)
What to expect next week & beyond
On Monday, Jessica and Angie will introduce you to Annie, and then on Thursday we’ll begin our study of Let’s All Be Brave with a look at the first three chapters. We’ll post new videos and blog posts each Monday and Thursday for the duration of our fall Book Club.
The beauty of Bloom is that you can jump in anytime and pick up wherever we are!
The videos and posts are available 24/7, so you’re welcome to view and read at a pace convenient to your schedule. While Bloom is designed with the individual reader in mind, you could also easily adapt it to a group study. Won’t you share with us if that is your intention? We’d love to know!
So…before next week:
- Grab a copy of Let’s All Be Brave and read through the third chapter.
- Sign up to receive Bloom emails; you’ll be alerted as soon as videos and posts are published.
- Bookmark the Details and Schedule Page to know what chapters we’ll be covering each week.
- Like the Bloom Facebook Page; this is different from our Bloom Book Club Group. Here, you’ll see #inbooks-related posts before and after we’ve completed a study.
Join the Bloom Facebook Group for Let’s All Be Brave;Now closed but PLEASE connect with us directly on our posts! After you read the posts and watch new videos, DO tell us what you think.
- Spread the word! Tweet about Bloom. Share with your Facebook friends. Create word art with your favorite quotes and upload to Instagram. Be sure to tag your posts with hashtag #inbooks and tag @incourage!
It’s going to be good, y’all. We can’t wait to share this time with you.