We want to read YOUR story!
Since we want to build lasting relationships with our readers and partners, we want to get to know you better and hope you get to know us too. As you prepare a post for (in)courage, please read our About page to get a sense of what this community is about.
Guest Post Submission Calendar
The submission form will open four times each year. When the form is open, it will be located at the bottom of this page. After submitting a post you will receive a response via email the first week of the following month. (For example, if you submit a guest post for review between December 1st-15th, you will hear back from us the first week of January.)
- December 1st -15th: for posts to be featured January- March
- March 1st -15th: for posts to be featured April – June
- June 1st -15th: for posts to be featured July-September
- September 1st – 15th: for posts to be featured October – December
- Your post should be story-driven and have a strong takeaway (what you want the reader to take away from your post; must be a faith/Jesus-related takeaway). Make sure you tell us what you’ve learned from your story and not someone else’s.
- We only accept original pieces that haven’t appeared anywhere else (including your personal blog).
- Posts must be between 600 and 900 words in length.
- Submit your post as a Word document, and include your name and the title of your post in the Word document itself (at the top of the page) as well as in the doc title (example: Kate Courage – Post Title Here.doc).
- If quoting a verse from the Bible, please include the translation from which you are quoting.
- If you have written for (in)courage in the past, we kindly ask that you wait six months from the time of original submission before submitting again. (For example: If you submitted in March and your post was accepted, you must wait till September to submit again.)
- Please do not submit posts to promote items. However, regarding promotion opportunities, you can email Joy Groblebe.
- Please DO NOT submit posts or queries via email. They will not be considered.
At (in)courage, we seek to share stories that intersect parts of our everyday lives, and that will encourage, empower, inspire, and connect us to one another. Some topics we like to read about are:
- Community (church, neighborhood, global)
- Relationships (family, marriage, singleness, parenthood)
- Faith and Identity
- Diversity (culture, race)
- Struggle (suffering, grief, pain)
- Special events or Holidays (Lent, graduation, Thanksgiving, Advent, Christmas, etc. — changes each quarter)
How to Submit
The form is now closed and will open again June 1.
If you have questions, please email our Editorial Manager, Grace P. Cho. Please keep in mind that posts or queries sent to Grace via email will not be considered if you do not follow our guidelines and submission timeline.
We look forward to reading your words!