Welcome to Bible Study Monday! We are walking through our newest Bible study, Courageous Influence, right here with you. Each week we provide the reading assignment, a really great discussion video featuring three (in)courage writers, a quote of the week, reflection questions, and a prayer. All you need is your copy of Courageous Influence and an open heart, and we’ll take care of the rest!
So far we’ve discussed:
- Week 1, which began with a foundational statement: You are a woman of influence,
- Week 2, which revealed that influence is about where God has placed you and your willingness to say yes to Him,
- And Week 3, which explored what it means to be a person of integrity in using our influence.
Now we turn to Week 4, which teaches us to be generous with our influence.
This week, read Week Four: Be Generous With Your Influence, on pages 111-144 in the Courageous Influence Bible Study. Grab your copy and start reading!
Quote of the Week
Keep this quote in mind as you read Week Four:
We never know when a word spoken or a kindness shared may have a lasting impact on someone.
– Grace P. Cho in Courageous Influence. Feel free to download this quote to share with a friend!
Three of our (in)courage writers invite us into their conversations about Courageous Influence! Join study author Grace P. Cho along with Becky Keife and Kathi Lipp as they discuss each week of the Bible study. Listen in on their conversation about Week Four (and find all the weekly videos here):
In the comments below, answer and discuss the following reflection questions:
- How can we be cheerful givers of our influence (finances, skills, energy, investment, or your presence) without feeling resentful or entitled to something in return?
- What are some of the ways God has provided generously for you? (p. 136)
Let’s Pray Together
Lord, You are a God who sees, a God who notices and has compassion. Thank You. I pray that I would be able to hold the influence You’ve given me loosely — not hoarding it for a special few but offering it generously to many. As Jesus has done, so help me to do the same. Amen.
Remember, answer the reflection questions in the comments so we can discuss Week Four together! We’ll see you back here next Monday to begin Week Five: Be Intentional with Your Influence.